Accused serial killer now charged with seventh murder — BRUCE MCARTHUR

Apr 12, 2018, 00:40
Accused serial killer now charged with seventh murder — BRUCE MCARTHUR

Police have identified the remains of three more men suspected to have been murdered by alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur as they expand their investigation more than four decades into the past.

The Crown announced the new murder charge in a Toronto courtroom where McArthur appeared via video on Wednesday morning.

Police will provide an update to the public this afternoon, where they are expected to announce that they have identified additional remains unearthed from planters that were used by Mr. McArthur in his landscaping business.

Speaking at a news conference to provide new information about the investigation, which has made worldwide headlines, lead investigator Det.

Investigators have identified six sets of remains so far - 49-year-old Andrew Kinsman, 50-year-old Soroush Mahmudi, 40-year-old Skandaraj Navaratnam and now 44-year-old Esen, 42-year-old Faizi and 42-year-old Lisowick.

A month later, on February 23, McArthur was charged with a sixth count of first-degree murder in connection with the death of Skandaraj Navaratnam.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. Toronto police have released a photograph of a man who is believed to be a victim of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur. Det.

Global court warns Israel may be charged for Gaza deaths
Israeli troops on the other side of the fence responded with live fire, tear gas, rubber coated steel pellets and water cannons. Yaser Murtaja was shot in the abdomen near the border with Israel while covering demonstrations by Palestinian refugees.

Ex-Catalan leader must stay in Germany for now
Germany's justice minister has applauded a court's decision to free Puigdemont on bail, two weeks after his arrest in Germany. Spain would now have to prove that Puigdemont was guilty of misusing public funds, she said, adding "That won't be easy".

President Trump Just Confirmed the Report He Wants to 'Go After' Amazon
This happened after last year's United States tax reform and against the pressure of President Donald Trump against the company. Do his criticisms ring true? It wasn't the first time Donald Trump has taken to Twitter to criticise the online retailer.

Toronto police said last week that they are looking for any links between McArthur and a series of grisly, unsolved murders from the 1970s.

Police officers suggested he had just left, the relative said.

The investigative team is now reviewing 15 homicide cold cases from 1975 to 1997, he said.

FILE - This undated file photo released by Toronto police shows Abdulbasir Faizi, an Afghan who immigrated to Canada from Iran.

In all, police have seized more than 20 planters from various properties across the city and may soon excavate the lawns of several homes where McArthur did landscaping work in hopes of recovering potential evidence. They say he targeted men he met through dating apps that cater to gay men, meeting them at bars in the Gay Village area of Toronto, as well as male prostitutes.

"We've quite frankly never seen anything like it", Idsinga said.

Faizi was one of the men sought in the Toronto Police Service's Project Houston, which was launched in 2012 to investigate the disappearances of three men from Toronto's gay village. The two middle-aged men were reported missing in 2017. McArthur was interviewed by police during that project but it was closed in 2014.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
popular